Name Change

Both adults and children decide to change their name for a variety of reasons. Whatever the reason, we make it easy to get court approval of your name change. Once granted, you can officially use your new name on all government and financial records.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need to file a name change if I'm getting married or divorced?
Typically, no. A certified copy of your marriage certificate or divorce judgment serves as "proof" of your name change, and can be used when you register your new name with government, business and financial agencies.
However, if your husband would like to change his name, or if you'd like a new last name that is completely different from either your maiden name or your spouse's name, this will require you to file a formal name change petition with the court.
How is a name change for a minor different from a name change for an adult?
When seeking a name change for a minor, one or both of the minor's parents usually files the petition. If only one parent is filing on behalf of the minor, the other parent's consent is often required. Complications may arise if the noncustodial parent cannot be located, is incarcerated, or lives out of town. In a minor name change, consideration is given to whether the name change is in the best interests of the minor, and issues such as custody and parental notice are carefully examined.

Speak to our professional team today

Fill out the form linked on the sidebar or

Give us a call today


+233 289764793 or +233 302544584